The Department performs tests for the IMC and for outpatient clinics and hospitals around Poland.
Main areas of the Department's clinical and scientific activities:
- diagnostic imaging of solid tumours at the developmental age, especially tumours originating from the muscucentraloskeletal system: bones and soft bodily parts. We work for the Department of Surgical Oncology at the IMC, the largest of this kind in Poland;
- diagnosis of lesions in lungs and gastrointestinal tract in the course of cystic fibrosis.
- We work for a national reference for CF, located at the Paediatrics Clinic at the IMC.
- prenatal diagnosis using MRI. As one of the few diagnostic centres in Poland, we have performed MRI tests for pregnant women with suspected defects in the foetus. Such tests have been performed for several years.
- We also diagnose diseases in pregnant women.
- We perform prenatal testing starting from the 20th week of pregnancy for all centres in Poland.
- Radiological diagnosis of the craniofacial area. We perform it for the reference centre, i.e. the Department of Surgery of Craniofacial Defects at the Surgery Clinic for Children and Adolescents at the IMC;
- diagnosis of congenital malformations;
- diagnosis of central nervous system (CNS) disorders in children.
Our Department does not perform any tests on a commercial basis.
- X-ray Diagnostics Lab (digital X-Ray device), Tel. +48 22 32 77 168
- Magnetic Resonance Lab, (MR and TK under general anaesthesia), Tel. +48 22 32 77 229
- Computer Tomography Lab, Tel. +48 22 32 77 199
- Sonogram Lab, Tel. +48 22 32 77 186
|Head of Department
Professor Monika Bekiesińska-Figatowska Ph.D. MD.
22 32 77 156
Main Building, Ground Floor.